Monday, January 16, 2006

Surprise of the day

Like I mentioned on my Seven 7s post, one of my favorite book series is the Zion Covenant series by Bodie Thoene. I read these books for the first time in 8th grade and fell in love with them. I bought them all and still have them, even though I've gotten rid of many, many other books. I enjoy them so much that I've just finished rereading them.

The books take place in Europe during the last few years before World War II. This is one of my favorite time periods, and I'm especially interested in the European history of this era. (Ashley, I'm sure you've read these books at some point, but if you haven't, I think you'd really like them.)

Anyway, I was at the bookstore the other day because I was interested in another series by this author. When I got there, I was shocked to find that Thoene had written 3 more books in this series! They just came out last year. I bought the first book (# 7 in the series) and I'm really enjoying it. To think that after so many years more of the series would come out! What a great surprise!

1 Comments:

At 8:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This has to be some of the best news I've read this week! I read these some time ago and had no idea that more were on the way. Wonderful!

Amelia
Salinas, California

 

Post a Comment

<< Home