Monday, January 09, 2006

Random thoughts

Here's a stream of consciousness moment . . .

. . . Whew! I think the sickness has about run its course. My throat doesn't hurt anymore. The nausea is still here, but it should be gone soon. Glad its about done . . .

. . . Stu and I are thinking of buying a new couch. I'm very, very excited to get rid of the 30 year old sleeper sofa that is literally falling apart. We haven't decided which one we want exactly, but it is such a blessing that we have similar tastes in furniture! Anyone want a couch? . . .

. . . I'm learning more about tissue culturing at work. I spent all afternoon today preparing media for the next round of tissue cells. We grow bladder cancer cells, then some of these cells are later injected into the bladders of mice to induce cancer. Poor mice . . .

. . . and a note to everyone. Please feel free to leave comments on the blog! Anyone can leave a post, not just members of Blogger.

3 Comments:

At 8:17 PM, Blogger ashley said...

Hye! I know all about furniture. Not that I've bought much, but I know a lot about selling it. :-P Let me know if you have any questions. ;-) What kind of couch are you getting?

I'm glad you're feeling better. :-) Was it the flu that's been going around? I hope Stu doesn't get sick!

Sorry I don't comment as much... I'll try to do better!! I like comments on my blog too, although you're good about that. :-)

 
At 6:08 AM, Blogger Beth said...

Any tips for selling antique furniture? We have a set of endtables we want to sell eventually that are nice antiques, (although they are damaged). Maybe take them to an antique dealer?

 
At 5:05 PM, Blogger ashley said...

Hmm unfortunately I don't really know anything about antiques. I'm sorry! Your guess is as good as mine. :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home