Thursday, May 04, 2006

on Traveling

I was taking a nice hot bubble bath last night when I came across the idea of writing a series of posts about the places I've been to. I would use the place as a springboard for stories, musings, thoughts, etc. (Similar to what Nichole writes about people she's met and known. Hi Nichole :-)!) I think it would be great to have a "theme" to kinda connect random stories, and I think it will be a great opportunity to attempt to improve my writing skills. We'll see how that goes!

Traveling has always been important to me, whether it's for a family vacation, a wedding, or a chance to learn about a place and a culture (or just a regional culture, as the case may be) that I've never experienced. Not every place has left an indelible impression on me, but I hope that I've taken even the tiniest pieces from the places I've been and the cultures I've seen. Even if it's as simple as learning to relax and enjoy life and the experiences I've had. So enjoy my musings to come :-).

1 Comments:

At 6:09 AM, Blogger ashley said...

You can get block spam comments in Blogger by activating the "Image Verification" thing. I'm not sure where that option is... Probably in the "comments" section. :-)

I'm looking forward to your posts on traveling! I will bring up a quote, by you:
"I've always wanted to get lost in the middle of a foreign city... Are we lost yet?" - Beth, after walking around my neighborhood in Lima

 

Post a Comment

<< Home