Monday, May 08, 2006

Vintage fun

I've been surfing the Internet the past few days--mainly shoe shopping (one of my favorite pastimes) and found many wonderful vintage clothing and shoes.

My favorite place for vintage clothing is from an ebay store called denisebrain which sells beautiful vintage clothes from the 40s, 50s, and 60s. Right now the seller has an adorable 1940s sundress--if anyone feels the urge to buy me a present, this would be awesome! :-)

I also found an online site for a brand of shoes called Seychelles, which sells several retro styles of shoes. (I've been told "retro" means that the item was made to look like it's from a certain era, while "vintage" is used to describe an item that really was made in that era. But don't quote me on that!) Many of the styles are reminiscent of the 40s and 50s, yet are cute enough to pair with modern clothes such as jeans. They are a little pricey, but to me they would be worth the splurge (after I buy shoes for Ashley's wedding of course!)

2 Comments:

At 7:03 AM, Blogger ashley said...

When you come we should take a stroll around Marietta Square! I love going to the shops there! I had so much fun shopping for my Christmas cantata... I wish you could have helped me!! When are you going to move back to Atlanta??

 
At 7:12 PM, Blogger Beth said...

Oh yes! Maybe on that Thursday I'm in town--we could visit my parents new house (they say it's from either the late 30s or early 40s) and shop around the Marietta Square. There is a really cute vintage store there--we should definitely check it out!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home