Wednesday, June 07, 2006

The Oil Flood

Yesterday Hubby noticed that there was oil all over the counter. He thought I had spilled something and asked if I could clean it up. I saw the oil on the counter, and then saw a drop fall from the cabinet above.

Oh snap.

I opened the cabinet, and the oil was running down the back of the shelves behind all of my baking supplies. I had to store the oil on its side, since the cabinet isn't tall enough. I hadn't screwed the lid on tight enough, so the oil was leaking. Everywhere.

*Sigh* I had to throw many things away, and it took forever to clean up. Needless to say, never again will I store oil like that!

3 Comments:

At 8:51 PM, Blogger ashley said...

Oh wow, I bet that was a pain to clean up!!! Hmm, sometimes I keep oil on its side too, perhaps I should find a different place!

 
At 7:46 PM, Blogger Julie said...

'ello!
actually its a dress from the czech republic that i tried on. it was like 3342345235245.00 krowns (sp?) which was equal to about 600 USD. so yeah, i didnt get to buy it. but it sure was pretty.
--sad about the oil thing. strangly enough; mom asked me yesterday if i knew where her extra virgin olive oil was....apparantely she misplaced her on the same day yours spilt. i think she might have put it there intentionally.
you should look into that.

cheers

 
At 6:38 AM, Blogger Beth said...

Great theory, but it was my canola oil that spilt. I wouldn't put it past Mom, though! ;-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home