Saturday, May 13, 2006

The Art Car Parade

Well, Hubby and I have officially been living in Houston for a year. I can't believe it's been that long. Also a year ago this weekend was the Houston Art Car Parade, an annual occurance here in the Bayou City. Art car enthusists decorate their cars in a variety of ways--last year there was a car that looked like the Trojan Horse, one was decorated completely in yarn, and my personal favorite was a car decorated with fish and other seacreatures that moved and sang the "Hallelujah Chorus." Last year was a blast, and it gave Hubby and I our first experience of the city. There is also a museum where you can see the art cars year round, if anyone comes to visit, I can take you there!

2 Comments:

At 6:54 AM, Blogger ashley said...

Awesome! I'll be coming to visit for Thanksgiving!

 
At 6:54 AM, Blogger ashley said...

By the way (I posted my comment too hastily)... I love the idea of the Art Car Parade! I would do mine entirely of kitties. Hehe :-) I think that sounds like something right up my alley.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home