Saturday, May 27, 2006

North Carolina

I've been to North Carolina many times, but my favorite story to tell is about Hubby and my first kiss.

During early November of our freshman year of college, Hubby and I were driving down the mountain (Lookout Mtn, to be exact) to go shopping. He had been to NC the previous weekend with his dad, just sightseeing and spending some time together. While we were headed to the mall, Hubby (obviously, he was my boyfriend at the time) asks me if I'd want to go on a sightseeing trip to North Carolina.

I was curious.

So we headed on some scenic backroads through the beautiful Cherokee Forest along the Ocee River, just chatting about all sorts of things--I don't remember now. The leaves were slightly past their peak beauty, but were still gorgeous all the same. We crossed the border into North Carolina, and through a tiny mountain town called Murphy. Past the town, the highway took us along the Nantahala River. There were many places to stop and rest, picnic, or take pictures. We stopped at one of these places along the beautiful river.

And he kissed me.

All in all, the trip probably only took 5 hours, and we got back well before bedtime. We made it a tradition to go back every year during college, the same weekend every time.

Okay. Sappy story over now.

3 Comments:

At 6:18 PM, Blogger Julie said...

i want to be your blogger friend!

 
At 7:25 PM, Blogger Beth said...

Ooohh. I just figured it out. Hold on--you'll be on my list soon!

 
At 9:12 AM, Blogger ashley said...

I like your sappy story. I remember when you told me about it, when it happened. Paul and my first kiss wasn't nearly as romantic or exciting.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home