Sunday, February 26, 2006

Family update

It's really weird how much and how quickly things are changing with my family, and it's even weirder for me since I feel so far removed from them. Here's a quick update on how the gang is doing . . .

Last week my brother Tom flooded the house. (I'm only exaggerating a little.) He was doing laundry, and set the water level dial on an in-between spot, so I guess the sensor couldn't read the correct level. It just wouldn't stop. So the downstairs of my parents house was flooded halfway (my mom saw it before it got everywhere), so they had to have all the carpets ripped up and the padding removed. My mom said that they had huge fans to dry the carpet, and it sounded like an airport terminal. Poor Mom!

My sister Julie has decided to move up to Muncie to be near her friends. She hasn't yet decided if she wants to go back to Ball State or not, and she is currently thinking about becoming a nurse. Her boyfriend, Tyler, is going to move up there with her.

My other sister, Lauren, is obsessed with American Idol just like me! (We seem to always have more and more in common!) She's still in high school, and she wants to go to Covenant when she graduates.

My parents love the new house they bought--my sister was telling me that my dad is already ready to move in. They'll wait 'til Lauren finishes high school, but it's funny to me all the same. My dad's been wanting to move near the Square for quite some time now!

Well, I guess that's all the news. I miss them all so much and I wish I was there with them. I keep begging them for pictures (of the house, themselves, etc), so when I get them I'll probably post them! :-)

2 Comments:

At 2:48 PM, Blogger ashley said...

Thanks for the update! I was wondering what Julie is up to since she dropped out of KSU. Is she going to be living with her boyfriend?

 
At 2:27 PM, Blogger Beth said...

I talked to Julie (on her birthday) and she mentioned that Tyler will stay with her until he can find a place to live.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home