Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Books, books, books!

I've never been quite a bookworm like Ashley has, but I have read a few books in my day. Actually, now that I think about it, I did have the most points in the Accelerated Reader program in 8th(?) grade. I read dozens of books, including half of Little Women. (Don't ask). So here is my filled out meme!

1. One book that changed your life: I just read this, so I'm not sure of its long term affect on me. Nor do I think this was the most influential book on me. However, Total Truth, by Nancy Pearcey, was a great discourse on the intellectual side to the Christian faith, and for me, it completely broke down the arguments surrounding naturalism and evolution.

2. One book that you’ve read more than once: Hamlet, by William Shakespeare. By far my favorite Shakespeare play.

3. One book you’d want on a desert island: Robinson Crusoe, by Daniel Defoe. He got off the island, right? :-)

4. One book that made you laugh: All the Calvin and Hobbes comic books, by Bill Watterson. I've read them all many times, and they never cease to put a smile on my face!

5. One book that made you cry: Wurthering Heights, by Emily Bronte. That scene in the middle just brings me to tears every time!

6. One book that you wish had been written: Hmmm, I'll have to think about this one! Maybe a book explaining the great mysteries in American history--like what really happened to the colonists on Roanoke Island, what really happened to Amelia Earhardt, etc. That might be interesting.

7. One book that you wish had never been written: I have to go with Susan on this--On the Origin of Species by Means of Natural Selection, by Charles Darwin. It has probably been one of the most influential books of the last century in terms of naturalistic thought and post-modernism, and was instrumental in creating a schism between science and faith.

8. One book you’re currently reading: Don't Waste Your Life, by John Piper.

9. One book you’ve been meaning to read: Stepping Heavenward, by Elizabeth Prentiss.

10. Now tag four people: Ashley, Jennifer, Julie, and Sarah, and of course anyone else who might be interested!

1 Comments:

At 5:49 AM, Blogger ashley said...

You know, it was you (and your family) that got me into Calvin and Hobbes. Ah, good times.

I've never read Wuthering Heights! I should add that to my list. :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home