Wednesday, September 20, 2006

For the Love of Reading

Last weekend, while running errands, I made a sudden, quick turn onto Aberdeen instead of continuing on Beechnut. (I tend to make a lot of "quick turns"--just ask Hubby). In that split second, I had decided to check out the city library for some interesting reads. (and you thought I was exciting ;-).)

The building was glorious--big and new, just like the one in Marietta. I walked in.

It's been many many years since I received my first library card in the Cobb County system, and I had never gotten one without my mom signing for it. I walked in, very confused, and tried to find where to get one. It only took talking to 2 people, then once I was done, I headed to the shelves to scour the bindings.

Only the place was much smaller on the inside--there were only 4 or 5 shelves of fiction books. *sigh* Maybe next time I'll find that copy of Pride and Prejudice. Or I'll have to make another sudden quick turn to find another, bigger library.

1 Comments:

At 8:37 AM, Blogger ashley said...

So did you end up getting anything to read?

I remember going to the library with you in Marietta. The big, two-story one! Ah, good times.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home